What’s up guys, today I want to share a little bit more about the journey that I’m just starting. It’s a journey that I should have started a long time ago, but you know what they say, it’s better late than never.
You see, I’m just a regular dude who works in an office in London – nothing special really. But that’s not the life I chose. Like most people in my situation, I kinda just fell into it.
So why am I starting this journey?
Well, I’ve always liked a challenge and as I got older and moved into the workforce, I noticed that I wasn’t being challenged enough. I’d move into a new role, quickly get the hang of it, and then it was sort of repetitive from there.
Rather than being challenged and growing, I could feel myself stagnating. I’m not sure if others can relate to that but it’s not a great feeling. Just sitting there watching your life tick by second by second until the magical 5’oclock arrives.
So I decided enough was enough and started to seek out challenges myself. I became inspired by watching various entrepreneurs who have successfully made a living for themselves online by doing what they love.
After watching them, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying to follow in their footsteps.
I know I will have to put myself out there which is something that is very challenging for me. But, I want to share my journey every step of the way in order to inspire anybody who is on the fence about starting their own journey.
Honesty & Transparency
I also want to stress that I aim to be completely open and transparent. I feel like this is so important these days. There is already a lot of dishonesty and nonsense out there and it can be frustrating to say the least.
Honesty and transparency will always be the way forward in my opinion – you simply can’t beat integrity.
It’s also just incredibly enjoyable to listen to people who are open and honest. Take Matt D’Avella for example. I came across Matt a while ago after finding out that he produced and directed the Minimalism documentary (great documentary by the way).
I find Matt’s complete honesty and transparency so refreshing. If you don’t know who Matt is, I’d highly recommend checking him out. He has helped inspire me to start this journey and I hope I can pass that on to others.
What are some of the things I will be doing/sharing?
Along this journey, I will be trying out a lot of different things. I’m in a fortunate situation at the moment because I have some savings and am living rent free.
The one thing I don’t have much of at the moment due to my job is time. Therefore, I have chosen to leave next month. This will free up some time so that I can pursue other things and test them out.
I understand that even having the freedom to do this is something a lot of people don’t have so I do consider myself very lucky.
Some of the things I will be doing are:
- Finding ways to improve my knowledge and skills
– If you read my previous post, you’ll know that I just started a 7-week public speaking course this week. The first session was great. It was challenging but I’m really looking forward to improving in the coming weeks.
– If you’re in the UK, particularly in London, there’s also a whole host of free events going on, you just need to know where to look. Two of my favourite ways to find free events is by either using Eventbrite or Meetup. This is a great way to build up your skills and meet people
- Reading any books I think will be helpful and applying them – if you’ve got any recommendations, let me know
- Sharing the knowledge and tips that I learn via this blog
- Testing out different ways to save money and earn money
- Types of investment
- Publishing my own eBook or physical boo
- Freelance writing
What do I hope to get out of this experience?
Ultimately, I want to find different ways to develop my skills and knowledge so that I can then help other people. By doing that, I hope to generate enough online income to be able to continue doing work that I find enjoyable and fulfilling.
To be more specific, here are a few things that I hope to get out of this experience. I want to:
- Improve my writing skills
- Improve my ability to communicate with others
- Be able to help people who are in a similar situation to me
- Learn new skills and develop them
- Meet new, like-minded people
- Build a community of people who share the same goals and ambitions
- Get a better sense of who I am as an individual
- Gain more confidence
- Learn how to stick with something and see it through – I am so bad at this
- Build better habits (e.g. more productivity, less procrastination)
- Become knowledgeable in the areas I am interested in (Personal Finance & Lifestyle)
- Overcome the fear of putting myself out there
- Overcome the fear of trying out new things
- Have a successful Personal Finance and Lifestyle blog
- Make enough money online to be able to not have to work in a job I don’t want to
If I fail to make this blog successful, that’s okay, I will definitely learn a lot in the process and hopefully meet some great like-minded people along the way. Not a bad result really.
If I succeed, then that’s great too. It will hopefully prove to others than you can achieve your goals with a bit of effort and a willingness to learn.
It’s a win-win scenario in my eyes and definitely worth a try, don’t you think? And to be honest, I don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t at least try.
How will my journey help other people?
I hope this journey will help you to see what can be accomplished if you put your mind to something and just give it a try. I’m at a very early stage and haven’t got everything figured out but I’m confident I will pick things up along the way.
It’s daunting to even start and feels extremely overwhelming. It think that holds a lot of people back – it certainly did me.
To tie this up, the journey that I’m embarking on will be a long one and I hope you’ll stick around for the ride. I’m looking forward to seeing where this journey leads me but I’m also anxious about encountering things I can’t predict.
Either way, it beats sitting in an office for the rest of my life. Through this blog, I really hope I can inspire you to think about what you want out of your life and take the steps to begin your own journey.
Let me know in the comments if you have something you’ve been holding back on. I’d love to hear about it.